Family footies

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thankful and Ice

It is the second day of Christmas break. The tree is on and spinning and it makes me feel nice and cozy.  The gifts are all wrapped and waiting under the tree. Kung Fu Panda 2 is playing on tv. These are the days I want to cherish and remember.

We went to Alabama for Thanksgiving and had a wonderful time. It was full of excitement and new things. The trip there started off with many detours and change of scenery. We were able to take so many different side roads full of country side views. We added 2 hours of travel time to the trip but it did not feel that way. The boys were distracted by their ds, movies and books. Aaron and I were able to enjoy hours of bonding time through many convos. Kara had told us that there was a surprise for us when we arrived and that it was a live. So when we got there we were led to their shed and shown 4 baby boar pigs. Gabe and his neighbor had gone hunting that day and shot the mamaw. ( not knowing she was a mamaw) When they reached her they found the babies and Gabe could not leave them there in the woods. Aaron was able to help Gabe with feeding the pigs and I think that became something they both looked forward too. The pigs brought entertainment to all while there. Abby and I decided to have a pig race and it was really cute watching them run. The boys were also able to see their first deer and gutting of the deer. Which I was told brought about lots of ahhh's and oohhs and what is that. Sean ran to the door with his hands over his face because he could not stand the smell. ha ha I can not blame him I decided to stay in doors. I should have been out taking pics. Corey and Sean also went hunting for the first time. Aaron said they did really well and he was proud of them. They did not shoot anything but were able to see many deer. Not only did we have out doors excitement there was food excitement. The Thanksgiving lunch was sooo yummy. Kara, Abby, Mrs. Karns and myself made choc chip cookies and decided that it would be fun to dress up and make videos while making them. The videos are classic and so worth the watch. Just check them out on my facebook page. I have to say that this Thankgiving will be a favorite memory of mine.

The boys were able to experience their first ice skating this year. It was not a real ice skating rink. We are getting a Children's museum in Graham, so they had a special rink out side. It was not as thrilling to Aaron and I but some things are worth the smiles of your kids faces and not meant for your pleasure. ;)  Corey and Sean did really well skating though. Aaron and I decided that we may have to take them to the real ice skating rink soon though.





We have already enjoyed an early Christmas with my mom's side the Horns. It was nice to be able to go and hang out with the Horns. The boys were able to open their gifts and once again got many great gifts. Legos, books, hats and games. They were super thrilled. We will start the rest of our Christmas running around Friday afternoon starting at my parents! Can not wait! I love this time of year and not because of the gifts. I love spending time with my family and making memories that will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment