The boys are in bed and Aaron is napping on the couch. I am sitting here enjoying the peace and quiet by Christmas tree light. It is nice to just take time to relax and think back on last week. We were able to go to the Horns this year for Thanksgiving. ( mom's side) We were able to spend Wednesday night with them and all day Thursday. It was so nice to be around the family. I remember looking forward to Thanksgiving. As a little girl we would spend Thanksgiving weekend with the family. I loved playing with my cousins. I hate that the time with family is shorter now that I am an adult. The boys were able to sit and have a few devotions with my Papaw. Aaron also spent a lot of time around the kitchen table with Papaw soaking up his knowledge. These are memories I will hold on to. I am so blessed to have godly grandparents, and a family that loves the Lord and lives for Him. I can't forget to tell you about the eventful morning that Aaron and I had on Thanksgiving. The boys brought in a balloon to my grandparents house and of course the balloon ends up wrapping around the ceiling fan. However the ceiling is very high. So Aaron has to climb up an 8 foot ladder. He still has trouble getting the balloon down. He eventually grabs the string and tries to pull it loose, however the string breaks and the force causes Aaron to start falling. I am underneath him holder his legs and I just knew that my strong arms could keep him up! WRONG...I end up on the ground..while I am falling down I look up and see my handsome hubby falling towards me. I close my eyes and ready myself for the impact. Aaron luckily throws himself towards the couch and lands there instead. We all started laughing after wards. I wish that some one had been their with a video camera! I also won my first game of Settlers on this day. Last Christmas I won my first game of Monopoly at my grandparents house. I am starting to think that being there brings me "luck" ha ha Like I said it was a great day!
Today I had my first and last trip on the roof. Aaron was trimming the tree out front this after noon. He called me out to help. Once again I wish some one was there to take a video of all this. I would jump up and grab a branch so that he could reach up and cut the bigger branches down. We did all of the ones we could reach from the yard and Aaron looks over the roof and sees the branches. So he gets me to go up there with him to help. I didn't know realize how being on top of the roof would terrify me. I just knew that I would slip and fall off. I didn't (obviously) thank goodness. The tree looks nice though.
No comments:
Post a Comment